Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today

My son had his early intervention class today. As always, if I forget to give him his Zyrtec before he heads to the bus stop he reminds me. I love it. He is finally learning that he has allergies and that he needs medicine. He can tell me when he needs allergy medicines or inhaler. We give him his Zyrtec so that in the case that he comes in to some sort of contact with any of his allergens we can prevent it from escalating. He is very allergic to animals as well as food. If he were to get up close to someone that recently held their cat without any Zyrtec in his system he would react pretty bad. Which then the teachers could assume it was a food allergy and not an animal. So, it is just a good idea to keep it in his system when he goes places.

When his bus pulls up the driver will stop it, get out of her seat and wipe up the seat and railing so that when he gets on he wont come in contact with anything that the other kids may have brought onto the bus. I had never even thought about that. The school came up with that action plan and I am so grateful for that. They are wonderful. There was even an article in the newspaper right around Christmas about it. They followed him to school taking pictures and interviewing people that come in contact with him during the day, including myself.
In fact, I just checked and it is still on the website. If you would like to read it, click HERE. It is very informational and tells you more about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment