Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Britny's Kitchen Pot Pie...ish

Tonight I tried a new recipe. I like to find what I can that my son can eat so that we have more of a variety during meals. Today I had planned on making meatloaf and potatoes because I need to go shopping and do not have much of a full meal here. That always seems to happen, I have pieces of meals without enough to make it a whole. BUT, tonight I was looking at my trusty costco size box of bisquick and saw this recipe that gave me an idea!

Make-shift Pot Pie

Ingredients:
1 Large Chicken Breast
1 1/2 c Bisquick
3/4 c milk (I use soy)
1 egg (I use applesauce, about 1/4 cup or a little more)
1 can Turkey Gravy (I use this because that is what I use when making regular pot pie since it is the only one I have found without my sons allergies. If the two different meat flavors scare you you can use another type of gravy OR cream of chicken soup)
1 lb frozen mixed veggies

Preheat oven to 400

Cube the chicken breast and cook in a skillet until cooked through. You can use olive oil to cook in if you do not want to cook the chicken on its own. Next thaw out and drain the frozen veggies. Mix together the chicken, gravy and mixed veggies in the cooking dish.(I use an 8x8 glass pan. In a separate bowl mix together the egg(or replacer), bisquick and milk. Lay out the batter on top of the mix in baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown on top.  Feeds 4 or 5 people.

I did not expect to blog this recipe but I took a picture of what is left of it.


It turned out pretty yummy!  Enjoy!!

1 comment: