Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yesterday

I am sorry that I did not blog last night! Time just got away from me. My son had ANOTHER reaction. I am not sure what is causing this but I will be cleaning any chance I get. It may have been that the dog got into something too. Last night he ended up having more hives. But, again that was as far as it went. I didn't know that at first and gave him Benadryl while holding the Epipen, just in case. Like I have said before, when they have BOTH food allergies and environmental allergies it can be difficult to tell the two apart at first. Environmental allergies can present with runny, sneezing nose, hives, red itchy eyes, asthma and itchiness. Food allergies start out the same way. When my son ingests a food he will get all of those reactions before he gets the other symptoms. Typically his symptoms develop rapidly after I notice that he is having some sort of allergic reaction when it is to food. But, that is why it is a waiting game. If you are unsure what has caused the reaction you have to wait and see what symptoms present themselves. I don't want to give my son the shot when it could just be that he ran into some pollen or was around cats. I am not sure if this situation happens to other people with children that have both allergies but I would assume so since if you have food allergies you are very likely to have other allergies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment